Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fusion Boutiques!


I'm really excited to be working on a new clothing line for a private investor. It consists of both casual & formal wear clothing. It is a fusion line, so basically a mix of Eastern and Western influences. Which makes sense since I'm an American designer and the consumers shop at Middle East & Indian boutiques. This is right up my design alley! I have traveled throughout the world so I have first hand knowledge of textiles, detailing and clothing that different countries & cultures have to offer. So I'm feeling very inspired! I have already finished my market research, sketches (conceptual designs), color palette and started on the technical packs. (That's why I haven't blogged since April, sorry, been intensely busy). Hopefully I'll find a great vendor to work with in producing samples now!

I really enjoy what I do! Fashion is the perfect marriage of art and science, it's creative as well as technical. Oh, I also have a much needed addition to my design studio--top of the line serger, yeah! With pattern-making tools, dress form, sewing machine, serger tons of threads, fabrics & notions, etc., I'm more than ready to continue moving forward in my career!

Thank you all for your support! I've had a lot of positive feedback about my thREDs by Sandra line that is available online at Global Trendzz!

No comments: