Saturday, March 21, 2009

Western fashion alive and well in Texas!

Howdy y'all!

I just returned from my two week vacation in Texas with stops in San Antonio, Houston, Austin and Galvston. I really enjoyed seeing all the western fashions that continue to be popular in this part of the country. Broomstick pleated skirts, boots, cowboy hats, big belt buckles, yoke button down shirts and more are easily spotted! One thing that fascinates me is the regional dress found in the United States. Several factors affect our clothing choices and one of them is environment. Obviously someone living in winter in North Dakota will choose very different clothing pieces than someone in Miami. Generally the hotter the weather the more bold the colors and patterns. Here in the Northwest more drab colors coincide with the gray and often rainy weather. In the Northwest the style is also much more casual than that of New York City or Chicago.

With spring around the corner I'll be doing a series on 2009 Spring fashion trends. I'll also post tips for choosing the right swimsuit for your body! Till next week-have a nice day y'all!

No comments: