Saturday, April 4, 2009

GenArt 2009 International Design Competition





With the encouragement of my custom pattern design professor back in Utah, I decided to enter some of my garments in this competition. I blogged earlier about my sari inspired custom made gown (and attached the photos for viewing); which was my final project for this professional design course. I decided to submit an additional gown in the formal wear category (see picture to left). It is made of 100% silk sari fabric from India, in which I created this lovely skirt and matching blouse. In addition, I decided to enter two outfits (skirt and top) in the casual clothing category as well.

Sorry for the brevity of this message but I'm in the process of moving to sunny California! I'll blog soon with my Spring 2009 fashion trends & how to pick the best swimsuit for your body!

No comments: